Friday, January 14, 2011

the relax inn

hard to sleep with a roof so freshly painted
amphetamine afternoon means starting novels in bathrooms
and purple toes
my book smokes and I watch it blow rings-
quietly as to not wake you, you a princess
in a king’s used mattress, pushing sheets off
like a graceful drowner
on the doormats of men to whom whiskey cures kidney pain
I read literature on the shitter
lid closed, no tongue to bite
useless hours, up in smoke
the shower’s clean, boy, take a look
balance is twisted, the pill’s in me
my tongue’s been hanged, but the cable’s free
ashtray bedrooms in a tortoise shell
have some sleep, man, help yourself
I’ll stay up, read some books
watch the lights, my eyes are shook
the floor’s real cold, my palms are wet
like a penguin being paid to sweat
bring the sun, and then the road
and I’ll have seen all that you have showed
you are no angel, my dear, they’re dead
you’re alive if I can see your legs
warm me darling, mutter and coo-
these cold hands, they beg for you
cotton lips bleeding through
do to me what you want to do
need my skin or pray, my voice
lose yourself in every choice
bite my teeth and call my name
nostalgia is vile to those strange sane
crack my bones, the marrow’s good
stay the night, I think you should
keep me up with smells and sounds
in love, in a bathroom, in this strange town
sunflower eyes, follow me, please do
I’m the light if you are the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment